Wednesday, November 5, 2008

As the Nike(r) slogan says: JUST DO IT !

Well, the longest (and costliest) presidential race in US history is over. And when I finally nodded off to sleep, I felt a sadness that maybe the wrong person had won.

Now I am not a party guy so my feelings had nothing to do with party lines. It had all to do with "tried and true". Experience and knowledge are what matters. You absolutely MUST have experience to accomplish greatness. You need to know a lot to do a lot. Sleep came uneasily but it came nonetheless.

When I woke today I felt differently. Isn't it strange how your mind obviously works while you sleep? It sorts thru all the crap you added during the day and tries to make sense of it all. Probably with some Higher Intervention.

At any rate, I remembered something President-elect Obama said in his acceptance speech. He said something to the effect of: This historic event has indeed brought change. It is not the change we were striving for but it allows us to make the changes we need. . . or words to that effect.

My point is that this election has left this country and the world with hope. Hope that anything can happen. Hope that we do not need mountains of experience to succeed. Hope that anyone can achieve their goals if they JUST DO IT !

And since I have long been a fence sitter, I feel the urgency to take action. To get off my butt and start now. To stop making excuses for not starting. I can't this . . I don't have that. If I want it badly enough, I can find a way. I just need to focus on finding that open door. It's there. I just need to find it.

Milton Berle once stated: "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door". I guess I should stop procrastinating and start building that door. I am smart enough. I have the desire. I need to take that first step forward or I will never get anywhere.

So I will sign off now and do more diligence and make it happen. If you want to climb on board and do this together, we can. Don't be scared that you don't know enough, don't have any money (like me) or simply don't know where to start. Together we will JUST DO IT !

Take care and God bless,
ken

No comments: