Monday, November 3, 2008

Am I thie only one?

Here I am a baby boomer nearing retirement age and I am lost.

About 2 months ago I lost my job and because I thought I would live forever, I have no retirement or savings to fall back on. Pretty stupid, huh?

However, I believe that "If life gives you lemons, you make lemonade", as my friend, Robbie, always says. My favorite preacher man, Joel Osteen, put it this way, "God didn't put me here to fail."

So after I got over feeling sorry for myself, I decided to do something -- to take action -- about my seemingly hopeless situation. I spent many hours sitting on my patio gazing into tne back yard trying to decide what direction to take.

I made a list of things I could do (ie. trained to do) and another of the things I wanted to do. The could do things, I now realized, were things I no longer wanted to do. And the things I wanted to do required money which I had none of. Back to square one.

But I did notice a recurring theme. The things I wanted to do centered around helping others. I remembered thinking years ago how much I wanted to help people. But the necessity of earning a living got in the way and I put those ideas on the back burner. Truthfully, I forgot about them and focused on ME. Wrong!

So I began thinking about what I could do working from home that would generate the funds I needed to do what I wanted. How could I make money at home?

Finally (I am pretty thick sometimes) I realized that an internet business would allow me the freedom of having a home based business and at the same time make me enough money to do what I have longed to do - help others.

That left me with a dilemma. Am I the only one in this situation? Are there other folks out there who are looking for a way to do something but don't know how to do it or even where to start?

I have always been a team player and I believe if there are others who, like me, desparately want to succeed but don't know how, we should unite and help each other.

Maybe you know a little about the internet, about internet marketing, about building websites or about blogs but do not have the courage to venture out on your own. That is where I am right now. I need your help.

Let's get together and share information and support so we will take that first step and become successful entrepreneurs. Remember TEAM - Together Each Accomplishes More.

Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you think: kgebert69@hotmail.com

Talk with you soon,
ken

No comments: